ISITDBT 2016 will be held at the New York Marriott Marquis (1535 Broadway, New York, NY 10036) in the Astor Ballroom (7th floor) on October 27, 2016.
8:00 – 8:30 Registration & Continental Breakfast
8:30 – 8:40 Welcome (Kelly Graling, Ph.D. and Andrada Delia Neacsiu, Ph.D.)
8:40 – 8:50 Mindfulness (Noga Zerubave, Ph.D.)
8:50 – 10:15 Research Presentations
- Stopping the Non-Adherence Cycle: The Clinical and Theoretical Basis for Dialectical Behavior Therapy Adapted for Adolescents with Chronic Medical Illnesses (DBT-CMI) (Becky H. Lois, Ph.D., Alec L. Miller, Psy.D., Vincent P. Corcoran, & Laurie J. Bauman, Ph.D.)
- Associations Between Emotional Invalidation and Adolescent Nonsuicidal Self-Injury (Meaghan McCallum, M.A., Sherryl H. Goodman, Ph.D., and Cynthia L. Ramirez, Ph.D.)
- Patterns of Phone Coaching in DBT: Frequency and Relationship to Therapeutic Alliance, Suicidal Behaviors, and Baseline Severity (Pedro Vieira de Oliveira, Psy.M., Shireen L. Rizvi, Ph.D., ABPP)
10:15 – 10:30 Break
10:30 – 12:15 Workshops (attendees to choose one of the following):
- Putting Case Conceptualization into Action in Therapy Sessions (Charles Swenson, MD and Kelly Koerner, Ph.D.) – Astor Ballroom
- DBT-A+ Programming: An Adapted Dialectical Behavior Therapy Approach forIndividuals with Autism Spectrum Disorder & Related Neurological Conditions Without Comorbid Intellectual Disability (Deanna Walsh-Bender M.S.Ed., LMSW, Catherine Faith Kappenberg, Ph.D.) – Soho Room
- DBT for Pre-Adolescent Children: Overview of major adaptations (Francheska Perepletchikova, Ph.D.) – Herald Room
- DBT and Research: Making Your Grant Competitive (Joel Sherrill, Ph.D., Michelle Berk, Ph.D., Tina Goldstein, Ph.D., Marianna Goodman, M.D., Melanie Harned, Ph.D., and Jacqueline Pistorello, Ph.D.) – Olmstead Room
12:15 – 1:30 Lunch on your own
1:30 – 3:15 Clinical Seminar (for all conference attendees)
- DBT and Phone Coaching: Denise Ben-Porath, Ph.D. and Cedar Koons, L.C.S.W.
3:15-3:45 DBT from a consumer’s perspective (TBA)
3:45 – 4:00 Break
4:00 – 5:00 State of DBT presented by Melanie Harned, Ph.D.
5:00 – 5:15 Closing
5:15 – 6:30 Poster Presentations and Cocktail Reception
For 2016, Behavioral Tech, LLC will be the CE Sponsor for ISIDBT. You must purchase Continuing Education credits prior to the Conference in order to receive those credits. ISITDBT and BTECH will not be able to issue CE credits after the conference to participants who did not purchase them. The required Approval Statements and Continuing Education
Information are as follows:
Please remember to sign in & sign out to document your attendance. Only participants with 100% attendance will receive credit: Partial Credit will not be offered. You will be able to pick up you CE letter at the end of the conference. If you would like to receive a copy of your CE letter via email, please send a request to email@example.com following the conference, and allow 4-6 weeks for delivery.
This offering meets the requirements for the following hours by discipline.
Licensing/continuing education requirements vary by state. Please contact your state’s regulatory authority to verify if this course meets your licensing/continuing education requirements. Inquiries regarding CE for other disciplines not listed may be directed to Behavioral Tech at (206) 675-8589 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mental Health Counselors: Behavioral Tech has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 5885. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. Behavioral Tech is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs. Behavioral Tech has allocated 6.75 clock hours for this activity.
Nurses: Behavioral Tech, LLC is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Behavioral Tech designates this educational activity for a maximum of 6.75 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Nurses should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the
activity. Continuing Medical Education is accepted by the ANCC for nursing certification renewal. At the end of the event, each Nurse must complete and sign the provided form to record the number of credits claimed. Keep one copy & return the other copy to Behavioral Tech.
Psychiatrists: Behavioral Tech, LLC is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Behavioral Tech designates this educational activity for a maximum of 6.75 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. At the end of the event, each Physician must complete and sign the provided form to record the number of credits claimed. Keep one copy & return the other copy to Behavioral Tech.
*This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the Essential Areas and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education through the joint sponsorship of Behavioral Tech, LLC (BTECH) and the International Society for the Improvement and Teaching of Dialectical Behavior Therapy (ISITDBT). BTECH is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Psychologists: Behavioral Tech, LLC is approved by the American Psychological Association to offer continuing education for psychologists. Behavioral Tech maintains responsibility for the program and its content. Behavioral Tech has allocated 6.75 hours of CE within APA guidelines.
Social Workers: Behavioral Tech, LLC is approved by the NASW, Washington State Chapter, Provider Number 1975-166, to offer continuing education for Certified Social Workers, Marriage and Family Therapists, and Mental Health Counselors. Behavioral Tech has allocated 6.75 Continuing Education hours for this activity.
Social Workers (New York): Behavioral Tech SW CPE is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #0040. This course has been approved for 6.75 continuing education hours.
Please view full CE information and the list of presenters and their bios at isitdbt.net