Here is the current 2013 ISITDBT schedule (pending any changes that may come). The ISITDBT conference will be held on November 21, 2013 in Nashville, TN.
The meetings will be held in the Conference Center at the Opryland Hotel starting in Tennessee Ballrooms D & E.
Registration is September 5, 2013 at 9AM Central Time at the Eventbrite site.
8:00 – 8:30 Registration & Continental Breakfast
8:30 – 8:40 Welcome (Adam Payne, Ph.D.)
8:40 – 8:50 Mindfulness (Andrew Fleming, Ph.D.)
8:50 – 10:15 Research Presentations
- The Effectiveness of Brief Dialectical Behavior Therapy Skills Training for Suicidal Behaviour in Borderline Personality Disorder: Findings From a Randomized Controlled Trial (Shelley McMain, Ph.D., CPsych,1,2 Tim Guimond, MD,2 David Streiner, Ph.D.,3 Liat Habinski, M.Sc.,2 and Ryan Barnhart, M.A.,2, 1Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, 2the University of Toronto, Canada, 3McMaster University)
- Treatment of co-morbid BPD and PTSD: Skills generalization through community outing practice groups and peer pressure (Laura Meyers1, Emily K. Voller1, Laura Meis1,2,3 and Paul Thuras1, 1Minneapolis VA Health Care System, 2Center for Chronic Disease Outcomes Research, 3University of Minnesota Medical School)
- What Goes on Behind the Closed Door: Comparing In-Session Validating Responses of DBT Therapists with Psychodynamic Therapists (Alan Fruzzetti, Ph.D., University of Nevada, Reno)
10:15 – 10:30 Break
10:30 – 12:15 Clinical Workshops (attendees to choose one of the following):
- Come on in and tell us your problems: A clinical round table on DBT with Adolescents (Lorie A. Ritschel, Ph.D.1 Alec Miller, Psy.D.2 Laurence Y. Katz, MD3 & Jill Rathus, Ph.D.4, 1Emory University School of Medicine, 2Montefiore Medical Center/Albert Einstein College of Medicine, 3University of Manitoba, 4Long Island University)
- The inside track of how to get and keep your DBT program funded (Nancy McDonald MS, CAC, LPC, Quality Assurance Chester County, PA, with Shari Manning, Ph.D., and Helen Best, M.Ed., Treatment Implementation Collaborative, WA)
- Life After DBT: Coaching Clients to Succeed in Usual Care Utilizing the DBT-ACES Approach (Rhea Holler, Psy.D.1, Adam Carmel, Ph.D.2, Kate Comtois, Ph.D.2, Lynn M. McFarr. Ph.D.1, Samantha Chalker, M.A.2, and Lisa Benson, M.A., C. Phil1, 1Harbor-UCLA Medical Center, Torrance, California, 2University of Washington at Harborview Medical Center, Seattle, Washington)
- Engaging the Disengaged Client with DBT (Charlie Swenson, MD, Associate Professor of Clinical Psychiatry, University of Massachusetts Medical School. Senior Psychiatrist, Central-West Area, Massachusetts Department of Mental Health)
12:15 – 1:30 Lunch on your own
1:30 – 1:45 DBT Sing-A-Long Surprise
1:45 – 3:45 Clinical Seminar (for all conference attendees)
- DBT in Action: Using Video to Identify Effective DBT Strategies in Skills Groups (Kathryn Korslund, Ph.D. ABPP, Shireen Rizvi, Ph.D., and Jennifer Sayrs, Ph.D., ABPP)
3:45 – 4:00 Break
4:00 – 5:00 Annual Address by Marsha Linehan, Ph.D., ABPP
5:00 – 5:15 Closing
5:15 – 6:30 Poster Presentations and Cocktail Reception